Welcome to the South Korea Travel Planning fortnightly newsletter for 24 February 2019, which includes information to help you plan your trip to South Korea, top travel deals and articles about South Korea.
Subscribe below to receive our fortnightly newsletter which includes travel planning information for South Korea, latest deals as well as a selection of the most popular articles from the Facebook Group.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you
South Korea Events
South Korea Upcoming Events
The major upcoming events are below including how to book tickets for each event:
1 March 2019. Independence Day Public Holiday
7-10 March 2019. Jeju Fire Festival
The Jeju Fire Festival is an annual event held in Jeju City. Click here for further details.
23 March 2019. Jindo Sea Parting Festival.
Visit Jindo Island to watch the sea open up to reveal a 2.9km pathway from shore to island. You can walk all the way to Modo Island and take amazing photos. Additional activities include gathering abalones, watching performance and much more. This tour is available departing and returning from either Seoul or Busan. Click here to book through either Trazy or Klook.
View this post on Instagram
Double tatp if you love this "Moses Miracle"Beach!❤❤ #JindoMysteriousSeaRoute @blendinkorea . Jindo Island is made up of 250 smaller islands, and it is famous for the appearance of a dry road in the middle of the sea, near the end of February and mid June of the lunar calendar. As it resembles a passage in the Old Testament in the Book of Exodus, the event is called “The Miracle of Moses”. When the water recedes, a road about 30-40 meter wide and 2.8 km long appears, which stays for about an hour before being submerged again. . . . Follow us on @blendinkorea 👌and thanks for give us ♥ =========================== "Blend with Locals, Better Experience Beyond Common" Go on trip & book now! Email 📩: email@example.com ======================= #blendinkorea#biktour#blendinkoreatour#visitblendinkorea#visitkorea #instakorea#amazingkorea#explorekorea#amazingdestination#localofkorea#beautifulbeach#amazingbeach#jindobeach #koreafestivals#summerfestival#koreabeach#mosesmiraclel#familytrip#familytripinkorea#summertrip#summervacation#summerkorea
Until 31 March 2019. Lights Festival Garden of Morning Calm in Gapyeong
The amazing Garden of Morning Calm has an illumination festival running until 31 March 2019. Click here for further details.
27-28 April 2019. Hiphopplaya Festival 2019
Dive into South Korea’s largest representational outdoor hip hop festival — Hiphopplaya Festival over 27-28 April 2019!
Grab your discounted tickets through Klook as soon as possible, on sale for only 5 limited days. Enjoy the perfect lineup of the established, trending, and up-and-coming South Korean hip hop talents. Click below to check out the details and make your booking through Klook.
Featured South Korea Tours and Tickets
Jump Show, Running Man Thematic Experience Center, and Alive Museum Tickets
Wishlist (only available for visits up to 28 February 2019)
- Special offer: Enjoy a set of tickets for three popular attractions and shows in Seoul during 17 Jan to 28 Feb 2019 Korea Grand Sale period!
- Feast your eyes on Asian martial arts and hilarious shenanigans at the JUMP show
- Turn yourself into the real Running Man and try out the experience based on the world-famous TV show at Running Man Thematic Experience Center!
- See more than 20 contemporary ‘Trick Art’ and 50 parody works of famous pieces at Alive Museum
South Korea Spring Festivals!
South Korea holds a multitude of spring festivals across the country. You may not be aware that South Korea is also a big cherry blossom destination!
Here is the selection of the most popular options on offer. You can book some great packages through either Trazy or Klook which include transport to and from each event from either Seoul or Busan or both locations – check each tour carefully to confirm the departure and return points.
March 2019. Gwangyang Maehwa & Gurye Sansuyu (Cherry Blossom and Plum Blossom) Festival.
There are a selection of different tour packages available for the Gwangyang Maehwa and Gurye Sansuyu Cherry Blossom and Plum Blossom Festivals which are detailed below. Here is a link with further information about the festival experience.
- 12 & 15 March 2019. Gwangyang Maehwa & Gurye Sansuyu Flower Festival day tour from either Seoul or Busan. Click here to book through Trazy.
- 18 – 27 March 2019. Gwangyang Maehwa Flower Festival & Strawberry Picking day tour from Busan. Click here to book through Trazy.
- 8 – 15 March 2019. Gwangyang Maehwa Flower Festival & Jeonju Hanok Village day tour from Seoul. Click here to book through Trazy.
29 March – 7 April 2019. Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival.
The Jinhae Gunhangje Festival is Korea’s biggest spring festival which is located a short distance west from Busan which usually attracts around 2 million visitors! There are a few different day tour options as follows, all of them include visits to Jinhae, Yeojwacheon Stream and Gyeonghwa Station cherry blossom viewing areas, as well as a large selection of cultural shows and activities.
- One day Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival tour from either Seoul or Busan. Click here to book through either Trazy (Seoul or Busan departure) or Klook (from Busan or Seoul).
- Evening Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival tour from Busan, including Yeojwacheon Stream Starlight Festival. Available 28 March – 10 April 2019. Click here to book through either Trazy or Klook.
- Trazy also offers an option to visit both the Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival and Busan Daejeo Ecological Park from Busan to see the 3.3km pink cherry blossom tunnel along the Nakdongganag River. Click here to book through Trazy
- Klook also has a separate tour option from Seoul using a tour bus where you can choose either a standard or VIP Package. Click here to check out the details and book through Klook.
6-16 April 2019. Peak Cherry Blossom Season in Seoul
Over mid April will be peak cherry blossom season in Seoul.
Klook has on offer a Cherry Blossom Chasing Day Tour for Seoul which includes visits to three cherry blossom locations and a traditional lunch. Click here to check out the details and book through Klook.
14 April – 12 May 2019. Taean Tulip Festival and Strawberry Farm.
The Taean Tulip Festival is one of the top 5 tulip festivals in the world. This great tour enables you to visit the Taean Tulip Festival from Seoul, and also stop in to pick strawberries. Click here to read more about the Taean Tulip Festival.
- The Trazy tour option operates every day from 14 April to 12 May 2019. Click here to book through Trazy.
- The Klook tour option only operates every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday from 14 April to 12 May 2019, with the exception of not operating on 5 May 2019. Click here to book through Klook.
30 March – 8 April 2019. Gyeongju Cherry Blossom Festival.
The Gyeongju Cherry Blossom Festival is one of the top cherry blossom festivals in South Korea, and is located one hour drive north from Busan. As well as exploring the lovely streets full of cherry blossoms, you can also enjoy traditional food and market stalls, as well as music performances, Korean arts and crafts.
- Trazy has two different tour options departing from either Seoul over 1-5 April 2019 or Busan from 30 March to 8 April 2019. Click here to book through Trazy from either Seoul or Busan.
- Klook has a day tour option from Busan only, which is available over 30 March to 8 April 2019. Click here to book through Klook from Busan.
13 & 15 April 2019. Ever Cherry Blossom Festival & Everland One Day Tour.
Everland Theme Park also offers a great cherry blossom experience and festival close to Seoul – where you can also go on the rides and explore the theme park! Click here to book through Trazy.
2-6 May 2019. Boseong Green Tea Festival.
The Boseong Green Tea Festival will be held over 2-6 May 2019. The Boseong Tea Plantation was listed on “31 Beautiful Sights on This Incredible Planet” by CNN! Learn everything you ever wanted to know about how green tea is made, and enjoy the festival performances.
You can book this one day tour package from either Seoul or Busan for departures only on 3 May 2019. Click here to book through either Trazy (Seoul/Busan departure) or Klook (Seoul departure and Busan departure).
Top South Korea Travel Deals This Week
Voyagin Free Giveaway! Running Man in Seoul
FREE GIVEAWAY! For those of you who will be in Seoul during 2019, enter the Voyagin Running Man Giveaway to receive free tickets for this great experience! There are 200 free tickets available so register quickly at this link so that you do not miss out!
Voyagin Sakura Spring Promotion
Voyagin is currently running their Sakura Spring promotion to celebrate the upcoming cherry blossom season from 11 February to 31 March 2019 with the following coupon code discounts, note that this deal does not include discounts on Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo Disneysea tickets or Japan Rail Passes:
- Spend $US 150, Save $US 10, use coupon code`SakuraSpring10`
- Spend $US 300, Save $US 25, use coupon code `SakuraSpring25`
- Spend $US 450, Save $US 40, use coupon code `SakuraSpring40`
To see a great range of popular purchase options through Voyagin to take advantage of this sale I suggest you check out the Voyagin Tours and Tickets for South Korea at this link – options include theme parks, shows, Discover Seoul Passes and much more!
Top Articles This Week From the Facebook Group
Spring in Korea: Cherry Blossom Korea 2019 Forecast by Trazy
Here’s your ultimate guide to spring in Korea! Read on to find out when and where to see the beautiful spring blossoms across Korea.
In Korea, spring falls in the months of March, April, and May. Offering gentle breezes and warm weather with the beautiful blossoms, spring is surely the best time to visit Korea. Especially mid-March to early April is the season in which a lot of international visitors, as well as locals, go on a trip to capture the fascinating scenery of spring flowers.
Although their peaks differ depending on each flower, most of the spring blossoms usually last only up to 10 days after the date of the first bloom. For sure, it is wise to see the forecast first before planning your spring blossom trip if you don’t want to miss out on incredible spring colors in Korea. Click here to read more…
Top 18 Phone Apps For Your South Korea Trip by Pretraveller
We have put together 18 recommended apps for your trip to South Korea. I strongly recommend that you check them out and download them before you depart on your trip to South Korea so they are ready to go on arrival. Click here to read more…
The Cool Girl’s Guide To Seoul by Elle
South Korea has long been a cultural superpower and its capital, Seoul, is the epicentre of ‘K’ explosion. While cutting-edge technology, loud fashion, animal face masks and BTS all shoot out of its wonderfully fertile landscape, there are also historically important and traditional corners intertwined within the colour.
Sites such as the DMZ and Bukchon Hanok Village will move and ignite deep, intermittent thought among pop culture frenzy, a premise that pretty much sums up Seoul. Free up camera roll space and prepare for an everything overload as we guide you through its crazy streets. Click here to read more…
Thanks Anne and Tony.
PS. If you have any questions you are welcome to ask questions in the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group.
Join the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group
You are also welcome to join our South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group – it is a great resource to enable you to ask questions about your upcoming trip to South Korea!
Disclaimer: This newsletter contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.