Welcome to the South Korea Travel Planning fortnightly newsletter for 15 December 2019, which includes information to help you plan your trip to South Korea, top travel deals and articles about South Korea.
Subscribe below to receive our fortnightly newsletter which includes travel planning information for South Korea, latest deals as well as a selection of the most popular articles from the Facebook Group. You can also receive additional emails to help you plan your trip to South Korea, as well as our pre-departure checklist to ensure you are ready to depart!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you
South Korea Events
New Year’s Eve in South Korea
Here are some great options to celebrate New Year’s Eve in South Korea.
- This article has a great overview of how to ring in the new year in Seoul.
- 31 December 2019. 2020 Coex New Year’s Countdown + Gyeongpodae Overnight Sunrise Tour. This is the best New Year’s Eve package ever! Think tickets to watch the midnight fireworks over the amazing Lotte Tower and watching the sunrise over Gyeongpodae Beach.
South Korea Upcoming Events
There are several public holidays coming up over the next few months as follows. Click on the links to find out more about each public holiday.
- 25 December 2019. Christmas Day.
- 31 December 2019. New Year’s Eve
- 24 – 26 January 2020. Seollal or the Korean Lunar New Year is a major holiday in the lives of South Koreans. Seollal has the traditions of family visits, ancestral rites, eating of traditional foods and playing of Korean games.
Winter is the time for many cultural and music festivals across South Korea.
- You can check out further details of upcoming events and book through Trazy at this link.
- You can check out further details of upcoming events and book through Klook at this link.
Below is an overview of the most popular events:
- 20 December 2019 to 2 February 2020. Pyeongchang Trout Ice Fishing Festival (Trazy)
- 28 December 2019. OranC Mix Hip Hop Festival (tickets through Trazy)
- 4-26 January 2020. Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival (shuttle bus through Trazy) (also a Klook package)
- Many other ice festivals over January!
This article is a guide to winter festivals in South Korea from December to February, and has some great options!
Skiing and Snowboarding in South Korea – Trazy Ski Trip Finder Tool!
South Korea has an excellent range of ski and snow boarding resorts, many of them accessible as day or overnight trips from Seoul. Trazy has just launched their new Ski Trip Finder tool to help you find the best skiing option to suit you. After you click through below you can choose from a range of filters to narrow down the recommended options!
Top South Korea Travel Deals This Week
Voyagin Year End Sale Promotion
Voyagin are currently running their Year End Sale from 1 November 2019 to 6 January 2020 where you can save up to $US40 per booking using the below coupon codes. Note that the coupon codes are not valid for Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Universal Studios Japan or any JR Passes.
- Save $10 when you spend $150, “2019YEAREND10”
- Save $25 when you spend $300, “2019YEAREND25”
- Save $40 when you spend $450, “2019YEAREND40”
To see a great range of popular purchase options through Voyagin to take advantage of this sale I suggest you check out the Voyagin Tours and Tickets for South Korea at this link – options include theme parks,
Top Articles This Week From the Facebook Group
15 Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit Seoul by Live Learn Venture
If you have yet to visit South Korea, now is the time to add it to your must-see destination list. Seoul is full of culture, beauty, great people, and delicious food. These photos will transport you to Seoul and before you know it, they will have you wanting to plan a trip to visit Seoul. Click here to read more…
Enjoy Winter to the Fullest! Ice Skating and Sledding in Korea by Visit Korea
Winter is approaching, and with it comes snow and ice! Korea’s winter offers plenty of activities and opportunities to indulge in winter fun, namely ice skating and sledding! Ice skating and sledding are the most affordable and easily accessible winter leisure activities loved by people of all ages. The winter cold will be a distant memory as you zoom down snowy hilltops or glide gracefully across the ice. So brace the cold this winter and visit an ice skating rink or a sledding park to make some unforgettable winter memories in Korea! Click here to read more…
Thanks Anne and Tony.
PS. If you have any questions you are welcome to ask questions in the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group.
Join the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group
You are also welcome to join our South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group – it is a great resource to enable you to ask questions about your upcoming trip to South Korea!
Disclaimer: This newsletter contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.