Welcome to the South Korea Travel Planning fortnightly newsletter for 11 August 2019, which includes information to help you plan your trip to South Korea, top travel deals and articles about South Korea.
A great resource to plan your trip is our Planning A Trip To Korea? Top Korean Travel Tips article.
Subscribe below to receive our fortnightly newsletter which includes travel planning information for South Korea, latest deals as well as a selection of the most popular articles from the Facebook Group. You can also receive additional emails to help you plan your trip to South Korea, as well as our pre-departure checklist to ensure you are ready to depart!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you
South Korea Events
There are several public holidays coming up over the next few months as follows. Click on the links to find out more about each public holiday.
- 15 August 2019. Liberation Day. This day commemorates Japan’s acceptance of the Allies’ terms of surrender in 1945 and the following liberation of Korea.
- 12 – 14 September 2019. Chuseok is one of the year’s most important traditional holidays. It is celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month. Chuseok is often referred to as Korean Thanksgiving Day. It’s a celebration of another successful harvest year. Family members come from all over the country for memorial rituals at the graves of their ancestors.
- 3 October 2019. National Foundation Day. This day commemorates the founding of the Korean nation by the legendary god-king Dangun.
Summer is the time for many cultural and music festivals across South Korea.
- You can check out further details and book through Trazy at this link.
- You can check out further details and book through Klook at this link.
Below is an overview of the most popular events:
- 14, 16 & 17 August 2019. Hi-5 Festival at Banyan Tree Club and Spa in Seoul
- 17 August 2019. Water Bomb Festival in Daegu
- 31 August 2019. Incheon Airport Sky Festival K-Pop Concert
- 31 August and 1 September 2019. 2019 EDC Korea Festival
- 7 September 2019. Zombie Run in Busan
- 21-22 September 2019. Joy Olpark Festival
- 26 October 2019. Zombie Run Festival in Seoul
- 2 November 2019. Busan Fireworks Festival
Featured South Korea Tours and Tickets
Autumn Foliage Bus Tour from Busan to Gyeongju
Over 24 October to 4 November 2018 will be the peak of the autumn foliage season in Gyeongju, which is well known for its vivid fall colors. This bus tour departs from three locations in Busan (Busan Station, Seomyeon Station and Haeundae Station) to have a fabulous day tour exploring the historic sights of Gyeongju and enjoying the autumn foliage along the way.
You can easily book this tour through Trazy – click here to see the tour options and pricing and to make your booking.
Top Articles This Week From the Facebook Group
Best Traditional Hanok Guesthouse Stay in Seoul by South Korea Travel Planning
A regular question in our group is to ask for help to find the best traditional hanok guesthouse stay while visiting South Korea. You may not realise that in Seoul itself there are several hanok villages where a hanok stay is available. This accommodation is located in the best locations to see the major tourist attractions.
Here are our top picks to help you find a place you will love! Click here to read more…
A Local’s Free Guide To An EPIC Seoul South Korea Bucket List by Girl With the Passport
A great overview of where to visit in Seoul by an expat! Click here to read more…
PS. If you have any questions you are welcome to ask questions in the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group.
Join the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group
You are also welcome to join our South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group – it is a great resource to enable you to ask questions about your upcoming trip to South Korea!
Disclaimer: This newsletter contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.