Welcome to the South Korea Travel Planning fortnightly newsletter for 15 July 2018, which includes information to help you plan your trip to South Korea, top travel deals and articles about South Korea.
Subscribe below to receive our fortnightly newsletter which includes travel planning information for South Korea, latest deals as well as a selection of the most popular articles from the Facebook Group. You can also receive additional emails to help you plan your trip to South Korea, as well as our pre-departure checklist to ensure you are ready to depart!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you
South Korea Events
As it is summer that means that it is summer festival time! The major events are below including how to book tickets for each event:
- Boryeong Mud Festival is currently being held in Boryeong (3 hours south of Seoul) over 13-22 July 2018. Tickets available through Trazy include ticket only, or as a day trip package from Seoul including optional add ons. Click here to check out the options and make your booking.
- Pohang International Fireworks Festival will be held in Pohang (3 hours south of Seoul) over 25 – 29 July 2018. Tickets and overnight shuttle bus are available through Trazy for departures from either Seoul or Busan. Click here to check out the options and make your booking.
- Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival will be held in Incheon (30 minutes west of Seoul) over 10 – 12 August 2018. Unfortunately tickets are already sold out through the main ticket sellers. There are options to purchase reseller tickets through viaGoGo, however be aware that for this option you have a higher risk of fraudulent tickets. Click on this link to see the options and make your booking.
- The Busan Sea Festival will be held in Busan over 1 – 5 August 2018.
- The Busan International Rock Festival will be held in Busan over 10 – 12 August 2018. Tickets are free.
There are many other summer festivals and a great way to see what is on offer is to check out the festival page on Trazy at this link. Trazy offer an easy option to plan your visit and to book your tickets and transportation in advance.
Featured South Korea Tours and Tickets
Top Day Trips from Seoul
There are a great range of day trips from Seoul – here are some of the most popular options:
- Day Tour from Seoul: Gangchon Rail Park, Nami Island & the Garden of Morning Calm. Nami Island is located to the east of Seoul, and this tour provides an easy option to get there and explore, and also package in visits to nearby Petite France and Gangchon Rail Park. Click here to check out prices and availability and to make your booking through Trazy.
- Day Tour from Seoul: Seoraksan National Park and Nami Island. Seoraksan National Park is located to the east of Seoul, and Nami Island is not far off the transportation route. As a result this tour provides a great option to see both sites in a single day trip from Seoul. Click here to check out prices and availability and to make your booking through Trazy.
- DMZ Shuttle Bus and Ticket Package Half Day Tour. This tour enables you to visit the Demilitarised Zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea, as well as other historic locations. This tour is suitable for families with younger children. Click here to check prices and availability and to make your booking through Trazy.
- DMZ and JSA Full Day Tour. This tour enables you to visit the Demiliarised Zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea as well as other historical locations. In addition you will be able to visit the Joint Security Area (JSA) which includes walking through the Unification Bridge. This tour is only suitable for families with children aged 11 years old and above, and there are also specific restrictions and requirements for particular nationalities. Click here to check prices and availability and to make your booking through Trazy.
Top Articles This Week From the Facebook Group
The 10 Things You Want to Know Before Travelling South Korea by Linda Goes East
To be honest, I didn’t know a lot about Korea before I met Jeongsu. Even after that, I couldn’t find a lot of information on what to see and do in Korea. However, now I am sure it’s one of the coolest countries in the world. Are you thinking about traveling South Korea but aren’t quite sure what to expect? If so, continue reading this post where I am answering all those questions you might have before your first trip to South Korea. Click here to read more…
How I Spent 72 Hours in Seoul by The Stylish Trotter
Seoul was the 2nd city I visited in Asia. After spending 5 days in Tokyo, I was looking forward to South Korea. Seoul is a big city, and it had a different feel and speed compared to Tokyo. With only a few days in Seoul, I was determined to make the most of my stay. Click here to read more…
Please leave a comment to let me know any suggestions for improvement!
PS. If you have any questions you are welcome to ask questions in the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group.
Join the South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group
You are also welcome to join our South Korea Travel Planning Facebook Group – it is a great resource to enable you to ask questions about your upcoming trip to South Korea!
Disclaimer: This newsletter contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.